— October 10, 2016
Here is a Fun Recipe to Try at Home
Mini Popcorn Balls on a Stick by Karo Syrup
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 24 to 30 mini popcorn balls
- 1 package microwave popcorn, popped (about 9 to 10 cups)
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips OR white chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy coated peanut butter pieces
- 30 lollipop sticks, about 5 inches in length
- White chocolate, melted for decorating
- Small candies
1. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Add popcorn, peanuts and pretzels.
2. Cook corn syrup and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; add butterscotch chips, stirring until melted. Pour over popcorn mixture and mix well. Stir in candies.
3. Let cool until easy to handle. Form into balls about 2 inches in diameter using lightly greased hands (or use gloves). Place each ball on waxed paper. Let sit 1 hour. Insert a lollipop stick about 1 inch into each ball.
Each ball can be wrapped individually in plastic wrap, then tied with a bit of ribbon. Popcorn balls are best when served within 1 to 2 days.
Decorating Tips: Melt white chocolate. Insert stick into popcorn ball and dip into white chocolate, turning to coat. Finish with candy eyes or other small candies.